creativitE

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Punkin Seeds and Oil of Oregano


Well I finally made J some "punkin" seeds. They are baking in the oven right now while he is watching basketball and I'm playing online.

I learned something new today, and it happened the same way it always does. God has to show me things multiple times before I notice them LOL....I was reading Chelle's Blog this morning and Sara Joy told her about using oregano (in a tea) to calm a cough....which doesn't sound yummy at all, LOL. But I thought to myself "hmmm, I'm gonna have to look into that." And then later tonight I was reading Christina's Blog and she posted all about oil of oregano. How cool is that! "The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man..." (Psalm 94:11) If you haven't checked out Christina's post yet you really should.

4 Comments:

  • I read it--how funny, "my throat doesn't hurt at all now!" My husband swears by using oil of oregano full strength down the throat after he has been preaching a lot, but I think that is just a bit too much pain. It is nasty. So is the tea if you make it too strong. blah--but it does help me cough up my gunk. (getting technical now!:)
    That was a real interesting read!

    By Blogger Sarah Joy, at Wed Nov 02, 07:33:00 PM PST  

  • Erin:
    Thanks for the link. Oil of oregano is very strong. It is not the same thing as oregano found in our kitchen cupboards. Oil of oregano is gathered from the mediterrainian--wild plants. We recently learned you can rub it on the bottoms of your feet and spine. Our skin absorbs things quite readily. Some companies make it in a capsulated form making it more tolerable to take.

    We now take it orally if we are desparate. I used to put the poor kids through a daily drop doseage. HTH!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Nov 03, 05:12:00 AM PST  

  • Wow I have never heard of that before. I will have to try that.

    By Blogger one4JC, at Thu Nov 03, 05:02:00 PM PST  

  • Glad you're feeling better Michelle!

    By Blogger Erin Bassett, at Sat Nov 05, 02:30:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home